Thursday, February 24, 2011

Elegant Ballroom Hair

When doing hair for a ballroom event you really have so much freedom to be creative. You want it to be beautiful, yet it is more artistic, sometimes kind of funky with lots of design. And it has to stay in when a dancer is whipping around a floor... So ballroom hair presents some challenges that are definitely fun to work with. I have done more ballroom hair than any kind of hair, but unfortunately don't have many pictures to show for it! Here's what I have (and none of the pics have been edited so I know they aren't the best quality :S):

COURTNEY





Courtney's beautiful butterfly complimented the several 3-D butterflies coming off her gorgeous Standard Gown. Love this girl!



TIFFANY









Tiffany is one of the most incredible dancers of all time. Not to mention she is absolutely gorgeous! I've loved doing her hair for comps!

LINDS...(ME)



These are some pics from my competition this last weekend (Feb. 19th) at UVU...I actually did the hair on myself...yikes!!





2 comments:

  1. Linds! I just looked through all of your hair pictures and I LOVE them! I can't even get over how talented you are... especially that you have the ability to do incredible hairstyles on YOURSELF!! That's amazing. And it brought back great memories of you doing my hair for Preference and Mock-Prom. :)
    And from a photography standpoint, I LOVE the one of Lexi with the bird cage. BEAUTIFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay!!! These are beautiful! just like you of course. I love doing hair, but these are way creative!!

    Mary from Oregon

    ReplyDelete