Tuesday, January 24, 2012
{Bride} Keary-Destination Wedding: Lake Powell
This has got to be one of my most favorite experiences working for Signature Brides.
Keary called Signature Brides to see if anyone would be available to drive down to LAKE POWELL in Page, AZ to do her hair and makeup as there are obviously no salons down there. Seriously?? A wedding at Lake Powell?? How amazing!! Well the wedding would be on a Wednesday and I wasn't doing anything, so I volunteered. My mom was gracious enough to come with me so I wouldn't get bored on the 12 HOUR CAR DRIVE down and back!! Since I would be all the way down there we asked if they needed any hair and makeup for the entire bridal party, but she said "no". Okay then!! The travel fee cost more than the hair and makeup, but it was what they were willing to do to have quality hair and makeup!
I'll just say as we approached Lake Powell I was a little tired, knowing I was going to be turning around in a couple hours with a 6 hour drive ahead of me was overwhelming!! But let me just say, I LOVED Keary. And Jesse her fiance. They were HILARIOUS. Any tiredness I felt was replaced with this energy and excitement for this couple. They had eloped from Boston, (and had awesome accents) so the only people that knew they were getting married was the Judge, their two photographers, and my mom and I (and my boss). Isn't that crazy!?!?! They had been together I believe for 10 years (can't remember, maybe even longer) and were finally tying the knot!! We laughed so hard and got along so well, and we still keep in touch and I just love that!! They are such wonderful people and I'm so glad I got to know them both.
We did airbrush makeup, lashes and a simple side chignon (she didn't want any curls) and she was LOVELY!!
We got to help her get ready, with her dress, earrings, it was so fun to be a part of their special day. They got married at sunset on the rocks overlooking Lake Powell and their pictures are BREATHTAKING. I haven't been able to get ahold of their photographer, Sierra Blanco Photography, but I got some pictures off of their blog, and Keary sent me a few. These are some INCREDIBLE photographers who have traveled the world with their skills and have great pictures that are very unique to them! I can't get the pictures to upload any bigger, so you'll have to click on them to see the detail!
My favorite shot of Keary:
More Pics:
Pictures Jesse took of the beautifying:
One thing Sierra Blanco is known for doing is their "Trash the Dress" Sessions. I HIGHLY recommend you go to their website and look at what they've done!! So cool! Check them out HERE.
Here is a picture of Keary's Trash the Dress Session, the day after the wedding.
Thanks so much for this opportunity Keary!! I wish you and Jesse all the best life and love has to offer!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment